Indoor / Outdoor
Outdoor vs. Indoor Some strains are better suited to be grown outside, in the sun, while others prefer the artificial lights of an indoor grow room. When choosing which strain to buy, the difference between outdoor and indoor strains is the choice between what’s more practical for you. These are some of these differences you’ll need to consider when choosing the right strain:
- Outdoor strains don’t require use of electricity to power the lighting.
- Indoor strains require use of electricity to power the lighting.
- Outdoor strains might be harder to hide visually, but the smell is easier to dissipate.
- Indoor strains are easy to hide visually, but the smell might be hard to handle.
- Outdoor strains, unless they are autoflowering, produce one harvest per year.
- Indoor strains can produce many harvests during the whole year.
- Outdoor strains give a higher yield per plant.
- Indoor strains give a higher yield per m2 of growing space.